The summer of 2018 is slowly yet steadily coming to an end...
We hope that you have enjoyed a summer filled with sunshine, fun and great experiences. Marbella and the Costa Del Sol have seen a busy summer with a very high demand, especially in the months of July and August. Streets, restaurants, pubs and beach clubs filled with happy people.
As we approach winter some of you might be bringing out the winter coats and storing away the summer furniture in the garage, preparing for the cold...
But we are here to remind you that you don’t have to say goodbye to outdoor activities, sunshine, and adventures just yet!
Here are 5 reasons why you should visit Marbella this winter during "low season"
1. The colors - Marbella and Spain in generall are famously known for its extraordinary gardens, flowers, and nature. Even though it’s called “winter”, the flowers, colors, and nature grow all year round on the Sunshine Coast. Being able to escape the darkness and get a dose of nature and its colors truly give you a reset and a reminder of how beautiful life is
2. The affordability - Everything from Airbnb and hotels to car rental and flight prices drop SIGNIFICANTLY during the low season.
For example, the price difference for flight tickets can 3-6 times more expensive during the high season.
This means you can fly several times for the same price as you would in the summer. Airbnb prices can be half or less of the price you would pay during the high season.
3. Outdoor activities - Being able to play golf, tennis, padel or any other sport outdoors in the middle of winter is an amazing experience. In Marbella, you are able to do them all. Not to mention the hiking paths in the mountains that offer extraordinary views. These hiking paths are normally challenging to complete during the summer due to the hot temperatures. Therefore winter is the perfect time for explorers.
4. Availability / Fewer people - Spain receives roughly 80 million tourists per year. That makes Spain the 2nd most visited country by tourists in the world. Naturally, the majority of these tourists spend their summer holidays here. This means that during the winter, you don’t have to make reservations for restaurants, drive around looking for a parking spot or even wait at the airport for long time periods to get your rental car.
5. The weather and the light - At first we didn’t think of including this point as this is quite obvious. With more than 300 days of sunshine every year, the Costa Del Sol is an obvious choice. But the fact still remains. With a minimum of 9 hours of sunshine during the darkest part of the year, Costa Del Sol offers a light, energy, and vibe that you won’t find in the darker places of Europe during the winter. Being able to escape -10 degrees for a soothing 18-20 degrees of sunshine can give you the break you need.
Because of our love for the Costa Del Sol, we could spend all day writing about the benefits of visiting Marbella during the low season. However, we feel that these 5 points give you some of the best advantages of planning a trip to the coast during the coming winter.
If you’ve decided that you want to visit the Sunshine Coast then make sure to click the button below and let us know when you want to come and what you are looking for. We will then send you the perfect property and location based on what you are looking for.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed reading about the 5 reasons why you should visit Marbella during the low season. As the coming months approaches we look forward to welcoming many renters as well as clients that want to find their own property that they can enjoy all year round.